To Register for 2021, please scroll to the bottom
A very Nutty welcome to the 2nd edition of the 100 Miles Challenge presented by Craze Ultra, organised by Running Guild where you have the opportunity to complete 100 Miles (all in one go OR over multiple sessions) by running/walking/hiking in the beautiful outdoor and be rewarded with a 100 Miles Challenge Finisher T-Shirt & a large-sized Medal.
*Participants who are nuts enough to finish a predetermined 100 miles (160.93km) route in 1 go in less than 32 hours (31hr 59min 59sec) (based on the total time taken from the START of the activity until the END of the activity, inclusive of all types/forms of rest stops, such eating/naps/restroom/charging watch/phone), will be listed in the Sub-32 Hours Hall of Fame in recognition of their amazing ultramarathon achievement.
**NEW FOR 2021**
*A special Sub 22 Hours 100 Miles Achievement Trophy will be awarded to participants who complete the predetermined 100 miles route in 1 go within the maximum time limit of 21 hours 59 mins 59 secs in recognition of their superb 100 Miles Ultramarathon performance.
*A limited edition 100 Miles Challenge 2021 Souvenir will be given to every Nut.
*Activities must be started & completed within 11 October 2021 0000hrs to 14 November 2021 2359hrs (35 days/5 weeks).
- You can either complete 100 Miles in one go OR accumulate a total of 100 Miles over multiple sessions within the qualifying period.
- The final activity must be completed by 14 November 2021 Sunday 11.59pm. Any activities finishing on/after 15 Nov 2021 12.00am will not be counted.
- Participants have up to 35 days (5 weeks) to accumulate 100 Miles, which works out to an average of 4.6km per day/32.2km per week.
Eligible Outdoor Activities
- Only the above-mentioned activities done in the outdoors (with a map showing/tracking the route of your activity) will be eligible.
- Indoor activities, such as running/walking on the treadmill, sheltered areas, staircase, basement, mall, home, office, manual entry of activities & activities without route maps displayed will not be eligible.
Location & Route
*Participants who are accumulating 100 Miles over multiple sessions/days can do their activity on any route(s) of their choice, but the route(s) taken must be outdoor.
*However, participants in Singapore who wish to inducted into the Sub 32 Hours Hall of Fame must do their activity on the predetermined 100 miles route in Singapore plotted by Ben Swee as shown below:
Elevation Gain for 100 Miles: 1,224 metres (based on MapMyRun)
Click HERE to view map via Google My Maps app
Click HERE to view via MapMyRun.com
Click HERE to download the GPX file to your device (applicable for devices such as watches which have navigation features to aid you with directions)
**Some HIGHlights of the 100 Miles route**
Telok Blangah Hill Park
Kent Ridge Park
Heng Mui Keng
Prince George's Park
Kent Ridge Road/Crescent
Ulu Pandan Park Connector
Pang Sua Park Connector
Singapore Zoo/River Safari entrance
Yishun Ring Road
Old Upper Thomson Road
Ang Mo Kio Ave 1/3
Chomp Chomp Food Centre
Upper Serangoon Road
Ubi Ave 2/Kaki Bukit
Old Tampines Road
Bedok North Ave 4
North/South Bridge Road
Kampong Bahru Road
NOTE for those doing 100 Miles in 1 go:
- Participants who are attempting to complete the 100 Miles in 1 go MUST do the predetermined route shown above & can start at any point along the predetermined route in any direction. Participants can detour to other locations BUT should not skip any section of the predetermined route. Hence, please ensure you return to the point along the route where you made a detour and resume from that point.
- Participants should ensure they are able to view/navigate the route on their device (e.g. mobile phone, watch, etc) BEFORE starting. Do try it out before you embark on your attempt.
- Participants who are based overseas/outside of Singapore & wish to qualify for the Sub 32 hours Hall of Fame must plot & complete a 100 miles route in your country. The route must be either a single loop of 100 miles OR an out & back route with 50 miles each way OR a one way 100 miles route. The route must not have any overlapping section(s) nor loop repeats. Overseas participants will need to submit their planned 100 Miles route (using any type of mapping app/software such as www.MapMyRun.com) to Ben for review at least a few days BEFORE starting their activity.
*Strava will be used as the primary means of tracking/monitoring/reviewing of participants' activities. Hence, participants must have a Strava account during the period of the event.
For those who do not have a Strava account, this is a free-to-join app where you can use it to record your activities or sync with your activity tracking devices such as Garmin, Coros, Suunto, etc.
Click HERE to view the Guide for Beginners to Strava.
Click HERE to access the Strava Help & Support Centre.
You can create a Strava account via the below methods:
- Desktop - https://www.strava.com/
- Google Play for Android devices: Click HERE or search for Strava
- App Store for iPhones: Click HERE or search for Strava
*In the registration form, you'll need to input your Strava Athlete name & the URL link to your Athlete profile. For example, the URL link to Ben Swee's Strava account is: https://www.strava.com/athletes/15096947
NOTE: If you are unable to locate the URL link to your Strava profile, please 'follow' Ben Swee (Click HERE) and he will follow you subsequently.
*Please allow Ben Swee to 'follow' your Strava account and set your privacy settings to allow 'Followers' or 'Everyone' to view your activities so he can track/verify your activities.
*In the confirmation email sent by Ben (which contains your e-Bib number tag), it will include a link to a specially created Strava Club for this event which you need to click on to request to join. Ben will then subsequently 'accept' your request. NOTE: There might be several clubs/groups created for this event & participants will be assigned by Ben to join only 1 of the groups. Please do not request for changes to your assigned Club/Group.
*The Leaderboard of the Strava Club/Group will only show the weekly distance you have achieved from your running activities. It WILL NOT show other types of activities so you may wish to set the Activity Type for all your walk/hike activities to 'Run' for this event. In addition, the Leaderboard will only show the activities which you have set to allow 'Everyone' to view. If you have set your privacy control to 'Private' or 'Followers', your activities will not appear on the Club's Leaderboard.
*Upon completing 100 Miles (accumulated or done in 1 go), please inform Ben (via email o WhatsApp/SMS) so he can verify your activities & send the e-certificate to you.
*Activities will be randomly verified. If there are any suspicious/ineligible activities (e.g. unbelievable pace/distance, manual entries, duplicate activities, activities without route map, indoor/sheltered activities, treadmill, etc), the distance from those activities will not be eligible.
NOTE: For your convenience, you are not required to manually submit your activities/screenshots of your activities to us. We aim to relieve you of that hassle as we will track/verify your activities in your Strava account.
100 Miles Sub-32 hours Hall of Fame
*To qualify to be inducted into the Hall of Fame, participants MUST finish the predetermined 100 miles route in less than 32 hours (31hr 59min 59sec) elapsed time (based on the total time taken from the START of the activity until the END of the activity, inclusive of all types/forms of rest stops, such eating/naps/restroom/charging watch/phone).
*For example, if you start at 7am on a Saturday, you must finish 100 Miles by 2.59pm on the next day, Sunday, which will be a total duration of 31 hours 59 mins 59 secs. All types/forms of rest stops must be included during the 32 hours. Therefore the 32 hours period includes total time you're on the move + rest time, otherwise known as the Elapsed Time.
*You can do multiple activities, as long as the maximum total elapsed time of all the activities in one single continuous period is 31 hours 59min 59sec.
*There is no limit on the number of attempts as long as they are within the qualifying period.
*Participants who wish to take on this Sub-32 hours challenge must inform Ben Swee when you're about to start and when you finish. Do send a selfie photo to Ben Swee if possible.
- 1*100 Miles Finisher T-Shirt (light & quick-dry fabric)
- 1*100 Miles Finisher Medal (large sized)
- 1*Limited Edition 100 Miles Challenge 2021 Souvenir
- 1*E-Bib (will be sent to you via email within 48 hours or so after your registration/payment is confirmed)
- 1*E-Certificate (an additional E-Certificate of Ultramarathon Achievement will be awarded to participants who complete the pre-determined 100 miles route in one go under 32 hours elapsed time)
- Participants who complete 100 miles in 1 go under 32 hours elapsed time (31hr 59min 59sec) will be inducted into the 100 Miles Sub 32 hours Hall of Fame
- Participants who complete the predetermined 100 miles in 1 go under 22 hours elapsed time (21hr 59min 59sec) will be awarded a Sub 22 hours 100 Miles Achievement Trophy
- Shipping to a Singapore address (additional charges apply for overseas shipping)
*Shipping is free of charge for Singapore addresses.
*Additional shipping charges will apply for shipping to overseas addresses outside of Singapore. Please register via the registration links which indicate 'Overseas Shipping'. We will then inform you of the shipping charges via email & obtain your agreement before requesting for payment. NOTE: If your shipping address is outside of Singapore but you registered using the "Shipping within Singapore" registration form, we will not ship the items to your overseas address unless payment is made for the shipping charges.
*The items will be mailed out to participants by the end of November 2021 (approximately 2 weeks after the end of the qualifying period).
*There will not be any physical collection of the items.
Terms & Conditions of Participation
*By registering for the 100 Miles Challenge 2021 Virtual Edition, you fully agree to participate at your own risk and fully indemnify the organiser, Running Guild & Ben Swee, and its partners/sponsors against any claim(s), not limited to medical/monetary, for any health issue(s), injury and/or death as a result of your participation in this virtual event.
*You must abide by the COVID-19 rules & regulations of the country you're residing in.
*Exchange of T-Shirt size is subject to availability and shipping costs for the exchange are to be paid by the participant prior to the exchange.
*After payment of the registration fee, you acknowledge & accept that there will not be any refund to you, be it a partial amount or full amount. There will also be no rollover of your entry to another event. However, you can transfer your registration to another person before the start of the event's qualifying period by notifying the organiser at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please ensure you are in good health before taking part. We recommend you have a personal health/accident insurance policy.
*Please take all necessary precautions before, during & after your activity, such as medication/first aid/anti-blister kit, sufficient rest/sleep.
*If you prone to chafing/blisters, do apply anti-chafing/anti-blister lotion/powder on your body before starting. You may wish to bring it along to apply during the activity. Wear apparel that reduces chances of you suffering from chafing/blisters, such as seam-free clothes, anti-blister socks.
*Do the activity together with someone if possible. If you're heading out alone, please ensure you inform someone about your route, estimated duration & what time you expect to be back to your home.
*Bring your mobile phone along as it'll be useful especially in an emergency.
*Bring a power bank & charging cable to charge your mobile phone/watch/etc even if your device is expected to last longer than expected as anything can happen.
*Hydrate & Fuel well before, during & after the activity.
*Stay alert & beware of danger along the route, e.g. pedestrians, vehicles, bicycles, motorised devices, potholes, dangerous animals/insects/plants/objects, etc.
*Please watch out/stay clear of vehicles, especially when you on the road/pedestrian crossings/zebra crossings. Cross only when it's safe to do so.
*Wear bright/reflective apparel/socks/footwear/items so others are aware of your presence. You may also wish to have a headlamp/rear blinker light if you're out at night.
*Be prepared for severe/bad/hot/lightning/windy conditions. You may wish to have a rain jacket/poncho & change of clothes.
*Have a good recovery after the activity, e.g. recovery drink/meal, massage, foam rolling, stretching.
Registration Fee (Singapore Dollars)
*Shipping within Singapore
- S$33.00 per person (Payment via PayNow/Paylah/Transfer)
- S$37.00 per person (Payment via Credit Card)
*Shipping to outside of Singapore
- S$30.00 per person + applicable shipping charges (Payment via Credit Card)
Registration Closing Date
- 10 Oct 2021
After verifying payment has been received, a confirmation email will be sent to you within a couple of hours/1 day. Please check your junk/spam mailbox as it may be directed to there.
Registration Options & Payment Modes
To register, please click on 1 of the below registration options based on your shipping address/preferred payment method.
Shipping within Singapore & payment via PayNow/PayLah/Transfer (S$33.00)
Click HERE to register
Shipping within Singapore & payment via Credit Card (S$37.00)
Shipping to Australia
Shipping to Wales
Shipping to countries not listed above